August 5th 1905 marks the beginings of Fairview Bapist Church when 21 members of First Baptist Church met for services in a newly constructed building at 2008 West 4th Avenue. In the spring of 1922, four Baptist churches united and the new congregation formed Fairview Baptist Church. A red brick building was erected at 12th Avenue and church services commenced March 8, 1922.
After 12th Avenue was widened by the City of Vancouver, expansion plans could not be carried out and in 1949, a piece of property was purchased at Pine and 16th to build a new church sanctuary. The sod was turned in April 1949, however construction was halted while the congregation waited for an amendment to the Restriction Act. After combined services for 17 months with Chalmers United Church, the sanctuary opened on March 18, 1951 with the dedication service on March 20, 1951. The beautiful Gothic structure came into being where the congregation could worship within the sweeping arches and gaze up to the Good Shepherd stained glass window from their pews.
Due to continued growth, the Christian Education building was added to the sanctuary and on June 4, 1967, the expanded space was dedicated for Sunday School classes and a church lounge. As time passed, a few classrooms were converted to the church and minister's offices.
In 2005, Fairview Baptist celebrated its 100th anniversary of service to Christ and His church in Vancouver, The congregation takes their their mission statement and motto very seriously - Gathered and sent by Christ to build and to make known the reign of God: to love God, neighbour and self.